The Secret to Weight Loss – Consistency
Are you consistently making healthy choices?
Are you consistently integrating healthy choices into your daily living?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Are you going insane???
Making changes requires you to be conscious of your daily choices.
- How many times do you make excuses not to exercise?
- How many times do you make excuses just to have this treat, this drink, this cigarette just this time?
- How many times do you change something only to give up within days, weeks or months?
Do we gain weight after eating one burger and fries – no, but if you are consistently eating high-fat, nutrient deficient foods, you will soon have unnecessary body fat and a nutrient deficient body and inflammation (inflammation is the root cause of all disease). Do you lose weight after a salad, no – but if you continue to eat nutrient dense foods, you will have cells that thrive which will result in a leaner body mass, and a healthier, happier and more energetic body!
So many of the changes you make take weeks, months, years to add up. Don’t sabotage your efforts by giving up so quickly! Trying something for a week will have little or no effect in the long-run….
- What will stick???
- What will you change?
- What will you consistently do?
For years I had the belief that I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I worked out. I was consistently thin but consistently unhealthy.
In 2005, with 2 little boys now by my side, I was tired of being sick all the time! Since that time, I have consistently been making changes to my diet and my family’s…here are a few tips, and remember it’s about PROGRESS not PERFECTION.
- We drastically cut our meat intake and replaced it with more vegetables, quinoa, lentils and started to focus more on plant-based nutrition. When I do buy meat I try to make sure it is local, organic and grass fed.
- Started juicing in September 2007. I have used it 6/7 days per week since then and LOVE it. I am getting more veggies. I have re-invented what breakfast is “supposed” to be and can’t imagine any other way to start my day.
- My children also juice (more fruit than veggies). It’s more hit and miss but better than none at all. They also love to name the drink each morning – some of their favourites: Tropical Thunder & Green Express. I also put together Healthy Snacks for Kids e-guide packed full of great ideas to raise healthy kids.
- In 2010, I bought a Vita-mix (click and receive free shipping by entering code 06-005828), which again increased my vegetable consumption. You can consume far more greens when they are blended than eating a plateful of raw greens. I currently put organic kale, organic celery, cucumber, organic apple, ginger and lemon with some water and blend it up!!
- My e-book Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness- Your Guide to Juicing and Blending, will provide you with many helpful tips to get started or motivation to keep going! Here are a few drinks I love, The Morning Kicker, Elvis Parsley Get Your Groove On, Wild Green – Enjoy!
- In 2010, I started to replace the sweets I like with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has so many great benefits that I wanted to replace (or limit my sugary treats). Try these, The Willy Wonka, Raw Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolate Treats, Chocolate Almond and Sesame Bliss Balls
- Increased the size of my garden and the variety of what I planted. I also take the time to freeze the excess for our winter enjoyment. Check out this super easy trick to save money and have greens for your smoothies.
- Support local farmer’s marketsand try different produce from the growers. By taking The $10 Challenge – spending just $10 a week on local food (farmer’s markets), we’d have an additional $2.4 billion in our local economy at the end of the year and create new jobs and keep our local farmers in business (source – www.ontariotable.ca)
- There are definitely veggies that I did not like, but when I educated myself about certain ones (i.e. kale, cilantro and arugula) and found out how powerful they can be to my health, I started to add them gradually to my diet. I must confess that I use them mostly in my juice drinks or green smoothies but there’s nothing wrong with that!
Dr. Joel Fuhrman states that, “We must taste a food 12-18 times before we like it, 75% of us give up after 5 tries”)
- In 2007, I tried Sprouting. For a while I was on a roll and in the habit, but after a few lengthy clean-ups, I decided to buy them occasionally from the store and put my sprouting production on hold. Having to change the water and spin dry the seeds, I was putting the sprouting container in a bag and whipping it around like a washing machine on a super high spin cycle when all of a sudden – the bag broke- and along with it hundreds of mung beans scattered in every direction in my kitchen- I decided to take a break! I enjoyed the process and it was fascinating to watch them sprout and although I know they are super healthy for me I will need to devise another method of sprouting to continue this adventure.
- So…..jump forward to 2011 and I am growing wheatgrass and my own sunflower sprouts in soil- I’m still experimenting- so in the meantime, I buy wheatgrass shots and sprouts when I’m out too! I also now can grow seeds in mason jars! Yeah!! Sometimes I’m on a sprouting roll and other times not – it’s about about the habits we get into!
- In 2010, I also started to introduce a lot more raw veggies into my diet and went on a raw food adventure! I have also added Chorella tablets to my daily diet. (See Tanya’s favourites for the Upayanaturals on-line wellness store)
- In 2011, I cleaned out anything I put on my skin, teeth and hair and went natural, check out Tanya’s 5 Beauty Secrets and Whiter Brighter Teeth
- In 2013 I finished Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans which is an accumulation of 2 decades of helpful lifestyle tips and 7 different work outs for those just starting out to the seasoned workout health guru! Pick up your copy today
- Lastly, I consistently exercise. Whether it is a walk outside with my dogs, a killer session on my stairmaster, skipping rope, breathing, pilates and meditation, it is vitally important to keep our bodies moving!! Give them the respect they deserve. Check out the great videos I offer on my You-Tube Channel, such as Terrific Triceps, Rock Solid Abs, Tight Butt and much more.
I hope that some of these suggestions can be incorporated into your healthy living. I am not here to convert you, only to provide you with my experience of what has worked for me to make me HEALTHIER! We all have our own path, so enjoy the journey!
And on a very honest note, I enjoy indulgences but they do not consistently make up my diet. I exercise a lot of discipline to eat this way but the health benefits far outweigh the consistency of making unhealthy choices.
Ready to add consistency to your life, contact Tanya at email@example.com and schedule a consultation! Start your changes and reap the benefits of a leaner, fitter more energetic body!!
Need more motivation …check out Holly’s story
Think that I’ve always had it easy with my weight, check out Cookie Dough in the Dark
You definitely kick started me into being more mindful of the things that are under my control. Tanya and I worked together for a few months and then I moved away. When we started I weighted about 175 lbs. Since I moved, I’ve continued to learn more about nutrition, sleep and moving my body and keeping on the path we discussed. I am now down to 145 lbs, eating better, sleeping better and much more active. Thanks for giving me that push to really start THINKING about what I was doing. Mindfulness has been a real saviour to improving my health. Thank you, Carolyn R.
Eat to Live- Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Aggressive Health Mike Nash
Thrive Fitness and Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier
Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness and Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans by Tanya Morrison
Inspired by the birth of my children to be as healthy as possible!
About Tanya: “I am a real person, living in the real world! I believe in living a healthy life, not an obsession to be thin. I believe in being independent, strong (physically and mentally), moving my body and eating healthily.” – Tanya Morrison, 20+ years experience in the health, wellness & fitness field. Personal Trainer, Pilates/Aerobics/CPR & First Aid Instructor, Weight Management Consultant, blogger, and mother to two healthy and active boys!
Move Your Body Studio, owner www.moveyourbody.ca 705-887-4605