Butternut Squash Pear Soup
Oh, the tasty vegetables and fruits of the fall blend lovely in this soup. While the leaves are falling and the breeze is a little chillier, cozy up to this warming soup that takes little time to make!
3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
2 med leeks, white part only (3 cups) finely chopped
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
3 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1” pieces
5 cups vegetable broth
1 14-oz can light coconut milk
1 tsp chopped thyme
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium/low heat. Add leeks and cook 10 minutes, stir often
- Add squash and pears and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in veggie broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in coconut milk.
- Puree soup in batches until smooth (use food processor or immersion blender). Add thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Detox which is a 12 week program that runs in January, April and September of each year. To find out more about this life changing program check out the testimonials and information at www.busymamadetox.com. Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending. You can get your PDF copy here