You’ve got to be pooping
You can do sit-ups and crunches till the cows come home, but if you aren’t moving the waste out of your body, where is it hanging out?? According to Dr. Chang, losing weight is a simple matter of increasing the efficiency of the digestive system.
Increasing efficiency of Digestive System for Weight Loss
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), bloating, gas or constipation, bad breath, acne? Starting with a high quality probiotic may be just what is needed for you!
Buyer beware- there are lots of probiotics on the market, so go after quality. I use a powered probiotic formula ($33.00) & switch it up with Syntol AMD (advanced microflora delivery) from Upayanaturals. I also consume Xobiotic chocolates from Xocai as chocolate is an amazing carrier for probiotics. (look for reputable sources from your local health food store).
A few probiotic food suggestions include; raw goat milk or kefir on an empty stomach, cultured and fermented vegetables such as kimchi and pickles. Be wary of yogurts as the food colouring, aspartame and sugar content negate the probiotic effect.
Kimberly Synder’s, Probiotic & Enzyme Salad is a wonderful addition to your diet, or if you are short on time, add 2 tablespoons to a 1/4cup of raw sauerkraut to your lunch or dinner. I purchase mine at the local health food store or Upayanaturals.
Studies have indicated that weight gain and obesity are a consequence of inadequate probiotic levels.1
The ideal healthy ratio of “good” to “bad” bacteria is 85% to 15%, or 9 to 1. Unfortunately, due to lifestyle and environmental factors, the vast majority of the population is severely lacking when it comes to good probiotic bacteria, throwing their gut flora ratio completely out of whack.
These lifestyle and environmental factors include, but are not limited to, exposure to:
- Artificial sweeteners of any kind—found in “diet” beverages and food items, chewing gum, yogurt, and even toothpaste
- Processed foods
- Chlorinated water
- Alcoholic beverages (beer, liquor, wine)
- Agricultural chemicals and pesticides
- Antibiotics (from medications and/or antibiotics found in meat and dairy products that we ingest)
2-minute Belly Rub
This exercise works like a gentle colonic irrigation that helps speed up a sluggish digestive system (which usually carries at least 5lbs of fecal matter within it). The exercise effectively metabolizes the fatty tissues around the stomach and intestines, and flushes them out of your body.
Belly Rub Method:
1) Lie flat on your bed or floor
2) Expose your abdominal area (tummy)
3) Rub your hands vigorously to create heat (about 15 seconds)
4) Place one hand on your belly button and begin to rub in an outward circular motion
5) Use fairly firm but comfortable pressure at a slow pace (1 circle/second)
6) Concentrate on the heat building up in, around and throughout your stomach
7) Do about 40-50 circles (about 2 minutes)
- Important to keep abdominals warm and to warm up hands
- Do in the morning before getting out of bed and just before you go to bed
- Don’t do immediately after a heavy meal, pregnant or if you have moderate to severe abdominal conditions
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the stomach is the center of energy. Besides melting away adipose tissue (fat), it can also:
- Stimulate the abdominal organs
- Help to speed up slow digestion & remedies constipation
- Increase blood circulation in the abdominal area
- Help to heal indigestion, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and the adverse effects of overeating.
Start your day with….
A glass of warm lemon or lime water first thing in the morning! This Yogic or Ayurvedic ritual was primarily used for stimulating digestion and eliminating ama, the Ayurvedic term for toxic slime that builds up in the gastro-intestinal or GI tract. Check out the 10 reasons why this is an important addition to your daily routine.
So, what’s all the fuss about this GI Tract and how does it influence weight loss?
In reality, your G.I. tract is MUCH more than a digestion center; in fact, it is quite literally your second brain as well as being “home” to 80% of your immune system.2
So, with all these great tips, improve your digestion, lose some fat and enjoy the health benefits!
The Underground Health Reporter Report #5 – Rib Your Stomach Away in 2 Minutes a Day
Brett Hall RD – The Top 10 Gut Fighting Cleansing Foods www.toxicbellybugfix.com
1. DiBaise JK, Zhang H, Crowell MD, Krajmalnik-Brown R, Decker GA, Rittmann BE.
Gut microbiota and its possible relationship with obesity. Mayo Clin Proc. 2008
2. Steinhoff U (June 2005). “Who controls the crowd? New findings and old questions
about the intestinal microflora”. Immunol. Lett. 99 (1): 12–6.