3 Ingredient Chocolate Turtles by Leanne Vogel
Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free
This no bake recipe is super simple and super delicious. For step by step photos, please click on her link below.
- 6 medjool dates, cut in half lengthwise with pit removed
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted
- 48 raw pecan halves
- Cut medjool dates in half lengthwise and remove pits.
- Shape each piece into a circle with your fingers. The dates should be squishy enough that this will be really, really easy to do.
- Lay the date circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, sticky side up.
- Press 4 pecan halves into the center of the date circles, fanning them out to look like a flower.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or saucepan with a bowl over top.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon of melted chocolate into the middle of the fan of pecans. Flip the turtle over and press down gently so that the chocolate touches the parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining date circles and place in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden. You can keep the chocolate warm my placing back in the hot water bath.
- Drop each turtle into the melted chocolate and move around until it’s back is covered. Remove from the bowl and place back on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining and let cool in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
Want more great recipes from Healthful Pursuits...click here….
Thin is in, but FAT is where it’s at…getting healthy fats into your diet will:
cause your blood sugars to stay stable (the hormone glucagon is secreted) and your body enters FAT BURNING mode. The hormone glucagon moves fat from storage and therefore will be used as energy thus shrinking your fat cells. Fat from storage=burned fat=weight loss/stability.
Want more info on healthy fats…click here
Why consume coconut oil or MCT oil…find out here
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades. She has coached and trained many clients over the decades. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Detox which is a 12 week program that runs in January, April and September of each year. To find out more about this life changing program check out the testimonials and information at www.busymamadetox.com. Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending.