Chocolate Decadence Shake with a hidden bonus for fat loss
Did you know that you can freeze avocados??? Yup, scoop out the halves ( no pit, no skin) and place on a cookie sheet and then when frozen put them in a baggie…super simple and can be added to smoothies to make them creamy and delicious.
Scroll down for the most decadent Chocolate Shake EVER…
Avocados are considered one of the healthiest foods in the planet because they contain in excess of 25 essential nutrients, including vitamin A, B, C, E, & K, copper, iron, phosporus, magnesium, and potassium. Avocados also contain fiber, protein, and several beneficial phytochemicals such as beta-sitosterol, glutathione and lutein, which may protect against various disease and illness.
Here are 15 health benefits of avocados:
1. Maintain a healthy heart – Avocado contains vitamin B6 and folic acid, which help regulate homocysteine levels. High level of homocysteine is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. Avocado also contains vitamin E, glutathione, and monounsaturated fat, which help in maintaining a healthy heart.
2. Lower cholesterol levels – Avocados are rich in a compound called beta-sitosterol which has been shown to be effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels. According to a study, patients with mild hypercholesterolemia who included avocados in their diet for 7 days had 17 percent decrease in total blood cholesterol levels, a 22 percent decrease in both LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels, and a 11 percent increase in HDL (good cholesterol) levels.
3. Control blood pressure – Avocados are also a great source of potassium, which helps in controlling blood pressure levels.
4. Anti-Inflammatory properties – Phytonutrient compound found in avocados, such as polyphenols and flavonoids have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, thereby reducing the risk of inflammatory and degenerative disorders.
5. Promote eye health – Avocado is an excellent source of carotenoid lutein, which known to help protect against age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
6. Regulate the blood sugar levels- The monounsaturated (good) fats in avocados can reverse insulin resistance which help to regulate blood sugar levels. Avocados also contain soluble fiber which keep a steady blood sugar levels.
7. Prevent birth defects – Avocados are rich in folate, a B vitamin commonly known as folic acid. One cup of avocado provides about 23% of the recommended daily value of folate. The high amount of folate in avocado is essential in the prevention of birth defects, such as neural tube defect and spina bifida.
8. Reduce strokes risk – The high levels of folate in avocados may also protect against stroke. A study has shown that individuals who ate a diet rich in folate had a lower risk of stroke than those who did not
9. Protect against cancer – Many studies have shown that avocado can inhibit the growth of prostate cancer. The oleic acid in avocado is also effective in preventing breast cancer.
10. Fight free radicals – Avocados contain glutathione, a powerful antioxidants that helps fight free radicals in the body.
11. Anti-aging properties – Being rich in antioxidants, avocado is beneficial in preventing aging symptoms. The glutathione in avocado may boosts immune systems, slows aging process, and encourages a healthy nervous system.
12. Cure bad breath – Avocados are one of the best natural mouth wash and bad breath remedies. It is cleanses intestine which is the real cause of coated tongue and bad breath.
13. Increase nutrient absorption – Avocado intake is linked with an increased nutrient absorption. A study suggests that, when participants ate salad including avocados, they absorbed five times the amount of carotenoids (a group of nutrients that includes beta carotene and lycopene) than those who did not include avocados.
14. Skin Care – The avocado oil is added in many cosmetics because of its ability to nourish the skin and make your skin glow. It also aids in treating psoriasis, a skin disease that causes skin redness and irritation.
15. Weight gain – The avocado has 200 calories for 100 grams. Typically, fruits has approximately 60-80 calories for 100 grams. Due to the high amounts of calories, avocado is a best diet for people who want to gain weight. Avocado is a healthy source of calories, unlike many other calorie-dense foods that may contain excess saturated fats and sugar. Personally I find, that they help me to keep my weight stable and also to lose fat.
Chocolate Decadence Shake
- ½ c water
- 1/2 or 1 ripe avocado
- ¾ c raw cashews (soaked at least 30 mins and rinsed)..can be optional but makes it extra creamy
- 3 tbsps raw cacao powder
- One serving of Juice Plus Whole Complete Chocolate Powder , click here to order
- 2-5 tbsp local or raw honey (depending on your desired level of sweetness)
- ¼ cup coconut oil or MCT
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder (optional but WOW)
- 1 tbsp vanilla (love Giddy Yo Yo or Upgraded brand)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 10-14 ice cubes
- Mix everything except ice in the blender or Vitamix and then add ice and blend until smooth.
Want more chocolate?……..
- Raw Chocolate Rum Balls, Raw Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates, Raw Freezer Fudge (super easy) , Avocado Freeze Bites, Raw Chocolate Pudding
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades and has coached and trained many clients during this time. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Reboot 28 day program, 10 Day Body Reset Detox, 30 Days to a New You, Holistic Weight Management System and many more on-line programs. To find out more about these life changing programs check out the testimonials and information at www.moveyourbody.ca
Tanya has created FREE Healthy Living Challenges that you can sign up for HERE, because even though we know all this “healthy stuff” it’s good to be reminded to keep it in our awareness. Tanya created the Busy Mama Healthy Mama Facebook page so that like-minded mama’s could get great healthy information and recipes in a fun and light-hearted way.
Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending, the 21 Laws of Irrefutable Fat Loss, How to Get Rid of Cellulite and more. Her blog, www.tanyamorrison.ca has lots of great articles to help you navigate your way to the healthy life you want, tons of recipes and great tips!
Tanya presents High Performance Nutrition for Kids and Teens, How to Become an Efficient Fat Burner, hosts Raw Smoothie Parties and many more presentations. Please contact her to set up your presentation.
Lifestyle Coaching Available
Are you in need of a Lifestyle Adjustment? Stumped about what to eat, how to move and what to think? Keep sabotaging yourself? Can’t lose weight? Exhausted?
How to get started
I don’t know where to start…I’m overwhelmed
Let’s chat. Click here to send me an email. Let me know your goal(s). I’ll email you back to arrange a time for your 30 minute complimentary discovery call. Coaching can be done via email, phone, skype or in person.
I’m ready to start and I’d like online coaching help
You are ready for guidance on how to choose your thoughts, move your body & balance your nutrition to give you the energy and waistline that you want and MORE. Learn more by clicking here. These programs are available on-line to anyone with internet access around the globe.
10 Day Body Reset Detox
I’m ready to start and I’d like to see you in person
Let’s arrange a time to meet. We can set up an introductory complimentary 30 minute consultation. During our time together, based upon your needs, a plan will be prepared especially for you. I look forward to hearing from you when you click here
eet. We can set up an introductory complimentary 30 minute consultation. During our time together, based upon your needs, a plan will be prepared especially for you. I look forward to hearing from you when you click here
www.bodyenlightenment.me for recipe