Quick and easy to make and packed full of nutrition!
· 1 cup organic Quick oats (or ½ cup quick and 1/2 cup large oats (can put in the food processor to make finer)
· ½ cup organic peanut butter (or any kind of organic butter – i.e. almond butter- use raw & organic nut butters if you can find them)
· 1/3 cup local honey (could also experiment with local maple syrup, yacon syrup and/or stevia)
· ½ cup ground flax seeds (best to buy whole and ground them yourself- keep extra in the freezer)
· ¼ cup ground chia (buy whole and ground yourself and place extra in freezer)
· 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
· ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips (I use raw dark chocolate to boost the nutrition even more ) or dried fruits or mix it up!
· 1 tsp vanilla
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Roll in to bite sized energy balls. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You may need to add more peanut butter and/or honey to keep them together.
Order your copy of info for your copy
Check out Upayanaturals – Canada’s largest on line health food store. This is where I buy most of my health food products!
What are some snack or meal ideas that you put Chia seeds in?? Love to hear them