“Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do” (Proverbs 4:23 NLT)
Fun Heart Facts1:
The average adult heart beats 72 times a minute; 100,000 times a day; 3,600,000 times a year; and 2.5 billion times during a lifetime.
A kitchen faucet would need to be turned on all the way for at least 45 years to equal the amount of blood pumped by the heart in an average lifetime.
Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back.
Not so fun heart facts2:
Heart disease and stroke take 1 in 3 Canadians before their time. They are the #1 killer of women- taking more women’s lives than all forms of cancer combined.
Only 13 percent of women view heart disease as a health threat, even though it’s women’s No. 1 killer
Sixty-four percent of women who died suddenly of coronary heart disease had no previous symptoms
Prolonged lack of sleep can cause irregular jumping heartbeats called premature ventricular contractions (PVCs).
Take the Pledge to honour your heart for this month.
I’d love to hear which pledge(s) you would like to take:
A. I pledge for the month to be aware of what I am eating and how it makes me feel
B. I pledge for the month to not eat any diet products loaded with fake sugars and fat
C. I pledge for the month to consume two raw green vegetables per day, here’s what helps me!!
D. I pledge for the month to avoid all fast food and take-out food
E. I pledge for the month to not eat any processed foods
F. I pledge for the month to exercise at least 10 minutes per day
G. I pledge for the month to explore one heart healthy fat and incorporate it into my diet. For example, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut oil
H. I pledge for the month to trade out my sweets and replace them with raw or cold-pressed dark chocolate (the flavonoids protect against cardiovascular disease)
I. I pledge for the month to embrace the endless beating that my heart does for me and to show it gratitude by consciously breathing deeply for 5 minutes per day
Try a few of these heart healthy recipes.
Raw Broccoli and Raisin Salad3 is one of my favourite salads at a potluck but it is usually doused in mayonnaise and loaded with sugar. So let’s add some nutrient dense choices to this wonderful salad and enjoy!
Instead of eating store bought chocolate with strawberry filling, sit back and enjoy this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie. Only takes minutes to prepare but leaves you satisfied for hours!
Everyone loves kisses, try this Heart Kisses Juicy Juice and feel the love you are giving to your cells!
A few more heart healthy tips:
- Juice Plus+ has been clinically proven to improve various markers associated with vascular health, including decreased homocysteine levels, and help maintain normal blood vessel elasticity after a high fat meal. Juice Plus+ builds and repairs the foundation of your health and cellular structure. I take mine every day!!
- Upayanaturals offers organic, raw and vegan foods and supplements! Pick up your CoQ10 (esp. needed if taking cholesterol-lowering medications and those who suffer from heart disease or have a family history of healthy disease) which improves the overall health of your heart. (Free shipping over $100)
- Cacao “The Fruits of the God” (aka chocolate, but the real dark stuff) has been shown that the consuming a bit of cacao every day can lower your risk of Heart disease. Change your sweets to the healthy choice, check out Purple Jesus from Living Libations or the many choices at Upayanaturals.
- Looking after your teeth and getting rid of the plaque helps to keep you healthy! Your mouth, teeth and gums will thank you with these FANTASTIC natural products from Living Libations!!! Check out Whiter, Brighter Healthy Teeth
- Move Your Body!!! This is an ABSOLUTELY essential part of your day. Lower your stress level by taking a walk in nature. Join one of MYBS great classes to give your heart an UNBELIEVABLE workout!! Enjoy this Wild at Heart exercise or enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and go for a walk.
- Make delicious heart healthy green drinks in your blender. This will have your heart jumping for joy!!!
To the health of your heart which pumps endlessly for you- Give it the BEST you can!!
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades and has coached and trained many clients during this time. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Reboot 28 day program, 10 Day Body Reset Detox, 30 Days to a New You, Holistic Weight Management System and many more on-line programs. To find out more about these life changing programs check out the testimonials and information at www.moveyourbody.ca
Tanya has created FREE Healthy Living Challenges that you can sign up for HERE, because even though we know all this “healthy stuff” it’s good to be reminded to keep it in our awareness. Tanya created the Busy Mama Healthy Mama Facebook page so that like-minded mama’s could get great healthy information and recipes in a fun and light-hearted way.
Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending, the 21 Laws of Irrefutable Fat Loss, How to Get Rid of Cellulite and more. Her blog, www.tanyamorrison.ca has lots of great articles to help you navigate your way to the healthy life you want, tons of recipes and great tips!
Tanya presents High Performance Nutrition for Kids and Teens, How to Become an Efficient Fat Burner, hosts Raw Smoothie Parties and many more presentations. Please contact her to set up your presentation.
Lifestyle Coaching Available
Are you in need of a Lifestyle Adjustment? Stumped about what to eat, how to move and what to think? Keep sabotaging yourself? Can’t lose weight? Exhausted?
How to get started
I don’t know where to start…I’m overwhelmed
Let’s chat. Click here to send me an email. Let me know your goal(s). I’ll email you back to arrange a time for your 30 minute complimentary discovery call. Coaching can be done via email, phone, skype or in person.
I’m ready to start and I’d like online coaching help
You are ready for guidance on how to choose your thoughts, move your body & balance your nutrition to give you the energy and waistline that you want and MORE. Learn more by clicking here. These programs are available on-line to anyone with internet access around the globe.
10 Day Body Reset Detox
I’m ready to start and I’d like to see you in person
Let’s arrange a time to meet. We can set up an introductory complimentary 30 minute consultation. During our time together, based upon your needs, a plan will be prepared especially for you. I look forward to hearing from you when you click here