Kale and Sweet Potato Warming Salad
- 1 sweet potato, washed, (peeled if not organic), chopped into bite size chunks
- ¼ yellow pepper, chopped
- ¼ to ½ avocado, chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, washed, remove from stems, ripped into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (pre-rinse if not already)
- 2 tbsps. Hemp seeds
- Sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
For the Thai Peanut/Almond Sauce:
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) natural smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (37 mL) low-sodium tamari
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) granulated sugar or a couple drops of stevia
- Place sweet potatoes in saucepan with water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft.
- Place 1 cup water and ½ cup rinsed quinoa. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. When finished, remove from heat and stir in kale to soften.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by putting all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Place the quinoa and kale in the bottom of your bowl, place on top or to the side the peppers, warm sweet potatoes, avocado and top with hemp seeds, salt/pepper and dressing.
This is one of my favourite winter salads. I used the dressing/sauce from Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon.
More Yummy Salads using Kale…..Hemp Kale Salad, Kale Waldorf Salad, Crunchy Kale Salad
Yes, I want the Dissolve Your Cellulite Freebie NOW, click here
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades and has coached and trained many clients during this time. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Reboot 28 day program, 10 Day Body Reset Detox, 30 Days to a New You, Holistic Weight Management System and many more on-line programs. To find out more about these life changing programs check out the testimonials and information at www.moveyourbody.ca
Tanya has created FREE Healthy Living Challenges that you can sign up for HERE, because even though we know all this “healthy stuff” it’s good to be reminded to keep it in our awareness. Tanya created the Busy Mama Healthy Mama Facebook page so that like-minded mama’s could get great healthy information and recipes in a fun and light-hearted way.
Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending, the 21 Laws of Irrefutable Fat Loss, How to Get Rid of Cellulite and more. Her blog, www.tanyamorrison.ca has lots of great articles to help you navigate your way to the healthy life you want, tons of recipes and great tips!
Tanya presents High Performance Nutrition for Kids and Teens, How to Become an Efficient Fat Burner, hosts Raw Smoothie Parties and many more presentations. Please contact her to set up your presentation.
Lifestyle Coaching Available
Are you in need of a Lifestyle Adjustment? Stumped about what to eat, how to move and what to think? Keep sabotaging yourself? Can’t lose weight? Exhausted?
How to get started
I don’t know where to start…I’m overwhelmed
Let’s chat. Click here to send me an email. Let me know your goal(s). I’ll email you back to arrange a time for your 30 minute complimentary discovery call. Coaching can be done via email, phone, skype or in person.
I’m ready to start and I’d like online coaching help
You are ready for guidance on how to choose your thoughts, move your body & balance your nutrition to give you the energy and waistline that you want and MORE. Learn more by clicking here. These programs are available on-line to anyone with internet access around the globe.
10 Day Body Reset Detox
I’m ready to start and I’d like to see you in person
Let’s arrange a time to meet. We can set up an introductory complimentary 30 minute consultation. During our time together, based upon your needs, a plan will be prepared especially for you. I look forward to hearing from you when you click here