Mixed Vegetable Seaweed Rolls with Sesame Dipping Sauce
I bought seaweed and it sat unused for a long time. I eventually started by putting a piece of Kombu in soups or when I was boiling water or making rice to increase the nutritional value.
I like sushi, which uses Nori wraps but I couldn’t get myself to make anything with seaweed at home. Then one day, I was ready and after reading many recipes I found this one by Ani Phyo in her book Ani’s Raw Food Detox.
It is super simple to make and super delicious.
- 2 nori sheets, raw and untoasted preferably
- 2 tbsp miso, unpasteurized, any colour
- 2 cups sprouts, any type
- ½ c sliced avocado
- ¼ c julienned cucumbers
- ¼ julienned or shredded carrots
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
Spread miso on the ½ of the nori sheet. Layer the sprouts, avocado, cucumber and carrots on the miso. Roll it tightly.
Serve with Sesame Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp nama shoyu or tamari
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil, organic
- 1 tsp sliced scallions or onions
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
Whisk everything together.
What great dishes do you make with seaweed?