No Bake Cocoa Candy Cane Balls
I found this recipe on the web years ago and printed it off without a reference to who created this treat- sorry. I had put off making it because I didn’t know if they would taste that great – but to my surprise they are lovely – I love the crunch from the cocoa nibs.
These treats are made with real foods which puts them on your “nice” and not “naughty” list!
Peppermint essential oil can make a headache go away and unclogs a stuffy nose – but in this case it adds a wonderful flavor to these balls.
- ½ cup mashed overripe bananas
- ½ cup organic peanut butter (if new jar pour off the oil as it will make them runny)
¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- ½ cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup raw organic cocoa nibs
Mix everything except cocoa nibs in a blender or food processor. Add in Cocoa nibs and stir until mixed in. Make balls – whatever size you would like and freeze for a couple hours!
Let me know how you like them and the other treats!