Piri Piri Veg and Chicken
Piri Piri Chicken with Kale Waldorf Salad!
· 2 chicken breasts from Grant’s Family Butcher Shop (or other local organic meat), diced up or go VEGETARIAN and skip the chicken – load up on beans and veggies
· 1 can of organic chickpeas
· 1 jar of Piri Piri sauce from Harmony Farm
· 1 red (or any color pepper) diced in big chunks
· 1 onion diced in big chunks
piri piri veg & chicken cooking in the crock pot
Put the chicken, piri piri sauce and chickpeas in your crock pot and let simmer for the day. An hour before serving add the pepper and onion (or throw in at the beginning if you would like).
Serve with brown rice (or brown and white if making the transition to whole grains), steamed vegetables such as green beans and cauliflower, Nann bread (from Harmony Farm) and ENJOY! This dish is on the spicy side but we all love it. Add organic plain yogurt on top to mellow the flavours!
Tired of cooking vegetarian meals for one and another meal for the meat eaters, this allows you to pick out the meat and enjoy the chickpeas and vegetables. If you don’t want the meat at all, leave it out or cook in two separate pots.
Piri Piri for the kids and husband