Granola ready to be dehydrated
Here’s a twist on your old granola! Eating whole living foods will power you through your day with ENERGY to spare!
Please use organic and local ingredients where possible!
· 2 cups chopped pecans, soaked for 3 hours and drain
· 2 cups hulled buckwheat groats, soaked for 1 hour and rinsed well
· 1 cup flaxseeds, soaked for one hour in 1 1/4c water: do not drain
· 1/4c chia seeds, soaked for one hour in 1/2c water: do not drain
· 2 cups rolled oats
· 1 cup hemp seeds
· 1/4c sesame seeds
· 1/4c shredded coconut
· 1 ½ cups dried cranberries, blue berries, apricots and/or raisins
· 1/2c local maple syrup or honey
· 1/2c palm or coconut sugar
· 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon sea salt
· 1/4c – 1/2c Goji Berries (best Goji berries I have ever had – Heaven Mountain Goji Berries available from Upayanaturals)
1. Combine all ingredients (except goji berries) in a large bowl and mix well!
2. Divide among 3 dehydrator trays (or more if needed) lined with parchment paper.
3. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 105F
4. Flip the granola onto mesh screens and dry for up to 12 hours depending on how crispy you like it
5. Sprinkle goji berries on your POWER Granola as a NUTRITIONAL Anti-Aging bonus!
Store in airtight container for one month. BONUS – if it does get stale- put it back in the dehydrator to crisp it up again!
Add your anti-aging goji berries and some almond milk and ENJOY!
What is your favourite breakfast? Need some more healthy ideas to keep your slim, trim and healthy…check out Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans