Savory Coconut Curry with Mixed Fall Vegetables
Using whatever fall vegetables you have on hand, get creative and enjoy this lovely warming curry on a lovely fall or winter day! Inspired by Heather as we were discussing what she had made for dinner one night before her training session with me! Couldn’t resist how wonderful it sounded so I wanted to share it with you.
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1-2 cups cauliflower, bite sized pieces
· ½ cup broccoli, bite sized pieces
· 1 yellow pepper, bite sized pieces
· ½ – 1 cup fennel, bite sized pieces
· 1-2 cups chopped beet tops, kale, Swiss chard, spinach – any green that you would like
· 1 can light coconut milk
· 1 -2 tsp each of turmeric, cumin, curry power
· 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro or 1-2 tsp dried coriander
· 3 bulbs of garlic crushed
· ¼” to ½” piece of ginger crushed with garlic press or chopped into tiny pieces
· 1-2 tablespoons nuts of choice (optional) but gives it a nice crunch
· ¼ cup raisins
· 1-2 tsp honey
Add coconut oil to frying pan and let melt. Add onions and let soften for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of your vegetables except the greens (save until the end).
Add the turmeric, curry powder, cumin and dried coriander if using (save fresh for the last step). Mix with vegetables.
Add garlic and ginger- stir for 2 minutes to integrate all the flavours!
Add fresh cilantro and greens and wilt for a couple of minutes.
Serve on a bed of rice or quinoa with some spaghetti squash or sweet potato!! YUMMY!!
Looking for other meal ideas…..If these links don’t work, let me know and bear with me as I’m updating my website. Thanks
Vegetarian Chili with Tea Biscuits