Support Your Body’s Fat Burner
Surprising fact: The most important metabolic organ in your body that supports weight loss, weight maintenance and weight control is your LIVER! Did you know that it is the size of a football???
Liver detoxification is something that goes on every day of your life, just as nature intended, your body has the ability to “cleanse” naturally on a daily basis. This occurs optimally if your diet adequately supplies the nutrients necessary for this process and the burdens are not too great.
The Liver’s Function:
The liver has more than 200 metabolic biochemical functions to perform and plays a central role in nearly all bodily functions such as:
- Digestion and conversion of nutrients
- Eliminating metabolic waste
- Producing bile for fat digestion and toxin excretion(via the bowel)
- Energy and nutrient storage
- Controlling cholesterol levels
- Maintaining hormonal balance and elimination
- Produces immune factors to fight infections
- Detoxifies the blood by filtering and breaking down toxins
What kind of toxins does your liver break down?
Toxins may include microorganisms, normal metabolic end-products, hormones, alcohol, medications, environmental contaminates, pollutants, dead cells, cigarette smoke and more.
If your toxic burden is too great and your diet is of poor nutritional value this will then contribute to poor liver health, metabolic disturbances and many other associated health problems.
The Liver’s Nutrient Requirements
Fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods support these nutrient requirements (B2, B5, B6, B9, B12, carotenoids, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, selenium, zinc, magnesium, amino acids and other plant properties). Not getting your 9-13 vine-ripened, non-gmo servings of fruit and vegetables each and every day from a whole food source? Here’s what I take for nutritional protection and you can order yours here – this is the best cell food you will ever have because your cells recognize whole food nutrition not fragmented, synthetic multivitamins.
These nutrients are required to breakdown and eliminate toxins and convert them into water soluble compounds that are neutralized and eliminated out of the body via the kidneys (urine), bowel (via bile and feces) and skin (sweat).
How Your Liver Burns Fat and Supports Metabolism
Your liver plays a central role in the metabolism of any type of calorie and helps support your fat metabolism and weight control. When the liver is overworked and undernourished, metabolic wastes can build up within the fat and liver cells and re-circulate back into the blood stream, causing inflammation and oxidative stress.
A fatty and/or unhealthy liver unfortunately stores fat rather than burns it. When your liver and visceral cavity become congested with fat its primary functions become impaired and this will disrupt your metabolism, digestion of fat and nutrients, hormonal health, and increase your risk of other more serious diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and liver disease.
When excess calories are consumed and after all glycogen stores have been replenished the excess calories are dumped into the liver. When this occurs too often this will contribute to an unhealthy fatty liver.
What Supports Liver Health?
Certain foods and plant compounds support a healthy liver. To encourage healthy weight loss you must support a healthy liver!
The liver is supported by many plant containing phyto-compounds such as:
- Cabbage family vegetables.Due to the glucosinolates, these sulphur compounds help bind and eliminate toxins. They also boost glutathione which is an antioxidant liver boosting nutrient. Try Crunchy Kale Salad with Cabbage, Bok Choy & Red Cabbage Salad
- Onion family vegetables.These boost glutathione and contain high sulphur for liver support. Try Fall Veggies with Coconut Curry Sauce, Raw Coconut Curry Sauce with Steamed Vegetables
- Beet family (beetroots).Beets contain betaine which helps to support and produce bile that is thinner, this supports easier bile flow that supports excess fat removal. Try Detox Beet and Apple Juice, Heart Kisses Juicy Juice
- Orange family vegetables.Carrots, Sweet Potato, Squash, and Pumpkin are all rich in carotenoids and plant-flavonoids which support healthy liver function. Try Sweet Potato Hummus Collard Wraps, Sausage Shepard’s Pie with Sweet Potatoes and Squash,
- Leafy green family.Leafy greens support liver cleansing, bile production, high nutrient and plant chlorophyll content. Try Hemp Kale Salad, Youth Regeneration Salad
- Citrus family fruits.Lemon, lime, grapefruit and oranges all have vitamin C and phytonutrients that support liver health. Try Double Citrus Carrot Juice, Basic Beauty Juice, Vitamin C Booster Smoothie
- Other liver boosting foods include asparagus, tomatoes, peppers, avocados, apples, peaches, mustard greens, chicory, endive and radicchio. Try Chocolate Avocado Freeze Bites
- Beyond fruits and vegetables, other foods that are beneficial for liver health include; green tea, turmeric, dandelion leaves and roots, milk thistle, resveratrol and grape seed extract. Try Wild & Crazy Morning Energizer Smoothie and Dandelion Herbed Boat
If your diet is deficient in fruits and vegetables this can have a serious impact on your liver health and increase the risk of fatty infiltration and other more serious health issues. Get your nutritional protection by adding these whole food goodies into you day, like me! I only recommend and use the BEST because as healthy as I am, I still fall short on variety and purity and my health is top priority. Get them here.
Happy Whole Food Munching…Tanya
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades and has coached and trained many clients during this time. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Reboot 28 day program, 10 Day Body Reset Detox, 30 Days to a New You, Holistic Weight Management System and many more on-line programs. To find out more about these life changing programs check out the testimonials and information at www.moveyourbody.ca
Tanya has created FREE Healthy Living Challenges that you can sign up for HERE, because even though we know all this “healthy stuff” it’s good to be reminded to keep it in our awareness. Tanya created the Busy Mama Healthy Mama Facebook page so that like-minded mama’s could get great healthy information and recipes in a fun and light-hearted way.
Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending, the 21 Laws of Irrefutable Fat Loss, How to Get Rid of Cellulite and more. Her blog, www.tanyamorrison.ca has lots of great articles to help you navigate your way to the healthy life you want, tons of recipes and great tips!
Tanya presents High Performance Nutrition for Kids and Teens, How to Become an Efficient Fat Burner, hosts Raw Smoothie Parties and many more presentations. Please contact her to set up your presentation.
Lifestyle Coaching Available
Are you in need of a Lifestyle Adjustment? Stumped about what to eat, how to move and what to think? Keep sabotaging yourself? Can’t lose weight? Exhausted?
How to get started
I don’t know where to start…I’m overwhelmed
Let’s chat. Click here to send me an email. Let me know your goal(s). I’ll email you back to arrange a time for your 30 minute complimentary discovery call. Coaching can be done via email, phone, skype or in person.
I’m ready to start and I’d like online coaching help
You are ready for guidance on how to choose your thoughts, move your body & balance your nutrition to give you the energy and waistline that you want and MORE. Learn more by clicking here. These programs are available on-line to anyone with internet access around the globe.
10 Day Body Reset Detox
I’m ready to start and I’d like to see you in person
Let’s arrange a time to meet. We can set up an introductory complimentary 30 minute consultation. During our time together, based upon your needs, a plan will be prepared especially for you. I look forward to hearing from you when you click here