Put some Bliss in your balls this Christmas! Try these two great quick and easy recipes – Chocolate Almond Bliss Ball and Sesame Bliss Balls
Chocolate and Almond Bliss Balls
- 1 cup raw organic almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tbsp raw or local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 pitted dates (soak for at least 4 hours – save the water as a sweetener for your smoothies)
- 2 tbsp raw cocao powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for coating (or hemp seeds and diced dried cranberries or a mixture)
Place all ingredients (except coconut/hemp – whatever you use for rolling them in) in a mixer and wiz until smooth. Shape into small balls and then coat with coconut or hemp seeds. Refrigerate until hard and then ENJOY!!!!
Sesame Bliss Balls
I was a little skeptical of this recipe but they are actually very tasty and a great alternative to ginger cookies! This recipe is from Deepak Chopra and he says that the sesame seed bliss balls promote a healthy digestion and purify the body and mind!!
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds to coat the balls with
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 2 inches peeled ginger root
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil
Place all ingredients (except sesame seeds) in a mixer and wiz until smooth. Shape into small balls (I found the mixture too liquidy to make balls so I used a tiny spoon to make the shapes ) and then coat with sesame seeds. Refrigerate until hard and then ENJOY!!!!
Recipes adapted from www.thehealthylivinglounge.com
Want more great recipes…..freezer fudge and raw chocolate pudding are some of my favourites!
Quality ingredients are the secret to great tasting food, so pick up your organic raw food items at Upayanaturals!
Enjoy the BLISS when you eat these BALLS!!