Recipe type: Vegan (option), Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-free, Egg-free, adapted from Leanne Vogel’s recipe
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 6 mins Serves: 6
Get a great dose of healthy fat every time you pop one of these yummy treats in your mouth!!
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 teaspoons raw, organic honey, coconut nectar or yacon syrup
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract or powder (I used powder)
- 1 tbsp collagen powder
- 1 tbsp rice bran soluble (tocotrienols)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar, or yacon syrup
- 3 drops stevia
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Add the avocado to a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix until combined. Then, take 2 tsp and shape into balls (or use a scoop). Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- When ready to dip frozen avocado balls, prepare chocolate sauce. Combine cacao powder, coconut oil, coconut nectar, stevia, vanilla and sea salt in a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Remove cookie sheet from freezer. One at a time, take avocado ball and cover it in chocolate sauce. Transfer back to cookie sheet and freeze again for 2 hours. Keep in the freezer until ready to eat.
Thin is in, but FAT is where it’s at…getting healthy fats into your diet will:
cause your blood sugars to stay stable (the hormone glucagon is secreted) and your body enters FAT BURNING mode. The hormone glucagon moves fat from storage and therefore will be used as energy thus shrinking your fat cells. Fat from storage=burned fat=weight loss/stability.
Want more info on healthy fats…click here
Why consume coconut oil or MCT oil…find out here
Source:adapted from http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2014/06/chocolate-avocado-freeze-bites/
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades. She has coached and trained many clients over the decades. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Detox which is a 12 week program that runs in January, April and September of each year. To find out more about this life changing program check out the testimonials and information at www.busymamadetox.com. Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending.