Don’t worry if you haven’t been to class lately, we are just having fun implementing some life energy work into our moves and you can join in at any time.
Where the First Chakra is satisfied by survival, and the Second Chakra is constantly seeking pleasure, the Third Chakra is about developing self-control. Knowing when enough is enough, when to say no to pleasure, is part of this self-control.
Third Chakra – The solar plexus (behind your belly )
Color- Yellow (crystals – amber, citrine, topaz)
To be self assertive and to have a sense of your power, to recognize yourself as an individual separate from the world and yet be able to make an impact on the world, these are the drives of the Third Chakra.
From this center you develop the principles, ethics and beliefs for which you are willing to stand. You define your boundaries- you know when to say yes and when to say no. Your intellect helps to guide your will. Your capacity to choose is an important function of the Third Chakra.
This is where you establish self-control, self-restraint and self-discipline. If you haven’t developed self-control, power conflicts will arise.
Through the Third Chakra perspective, you look at life through your sense of what’s right and what’s wrong. It is where you are asked to stand up for your truth and “show up” for your life. You will get tested in life periodically and the Third Chakra is where you respond to tests requiring courage.
- Adrenaline Junkie
- Are you an “adrenaline junkie”? Do you need to prove yourself? Does everything seem like a battle, a test or a challenge? Do you find yourself justifying that it is ok for you to be angry because of something that happened to you?
- Each of us has a most natural way to be and when we have aligned with it, conflict stops. An energy approach to life looks at the energy first and the events second. The person caught in justifiable anger, looks at the events first and the energy second.
- Events do not cause energy, events are caused by energy, so this approach puts the cart before the horse
- When you balance this energy within yourself, the outer world will come into balance
- Do you feel guilty when you say “no”? Do you allow others to take advantage of you? Are you a “martyr”?
- Do you have the inability to assert yourself or have feelings of helplessness? These behaviours stem from lack of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Your life will seem to be dominated by “others”, rather than following your own heart and you will do what is expected of you by others.
- Imbalance of Third Charka may stem from imbalances with first two chakras
- Notice if there is insecurity or an inability to enjoy others. Do you become defensive when confronted with any opposing views? Do you have petty power conflicts?
- If these issues are not in balance, you need to first get to the core issue and resolve it to establish a balanced foundation.
If the energy is not balanced in the lower chakras, the imbalance will interfere with the experiences of the upper chakras. You will have experiences like a flash of insight, from the upper chakras, but you will not be able to sustain that level of consciousness until the lower chakras are brought into balance.
- You assert yourself when the situation requires and to have the inner strength to be passive when appropriate
- Be able to focus your will to achieve what you want and to relax your will to enjoy what you have achieved
- You are able to feel effective, safe and secure in life
- To experience more peace in your life, give up the need to be right – balanced Third Chakra
- As you awaken your Third Chakra, you can be a “walking fight” waiting to happen. Power seeks power and as your power awakens, you attract those who are working with their power.
Sitting comfortably with spine lengthened, eyes softly closed, draw your attention to your breath to bring you into this present moment.
- Notice your breathe and pay attention to your nostrils and how the breathe feels coming in and out. If your mind starts to wonder bring it back to your breath and the sensation of air in and out of your nostrils. Do you notice your breath equally left to right. Can you breathe in the left nostril and out the right and vice versa. Enjoy this meditation for 1-5 minutes and then slowly bring your awareness to your physical body. When you are ready, slowly open your eyes.
Allow yourself to sit for a few moments with the feelings created by this meditation.
To fully experience the Grounding meditations use the fabulous essential oils from Living Libations. For the Third Chakra we use the Naval Chakra – Solar – which is strength. Use this empowering anoint to encourage motivation, courage, and will power.
The next time you are in a power conflict, ask yourself
- Are you really threatened? (Is survival or your security really at stake?)
- Do you really care about the outcome? (If you win the battle, does it really matter to you?)
If no, then watch to see if your ego is jumping in – this is where you will exert willpower to avoid the situation.
If yes, then fight the battle honorably with the intent to win. Align your intellect with your will.
Great clarity comes into your life when you are able to sustain Third Chakra consciousness. Your ability to stay clear with your intentions keeps confusion to a minimum. Defenses are dropped. You become so clear in your resolve that you are not threatened by opposing views. You are able to be effective in the world without being abrasive.
Tips for awakening your Third Chakra:
- Draw on the power of your Third Chakra when you need to be decisive- trust your decision is born from that balance and don’t look back
- Focus your energy when you need an extra push – it wills you to do 10 more push-ups, hold plank for 30 more seconds – it activates your second wind
- Use it for resolving conflicts – to express yourself clearly – to center yourself when you are challenged – to move away from reactions and drop into your centre – connect with your breath
- When you need to pull your mind out of your repetitive mental tapes/loops – that constantly replay without a resolution – repeating until they drain you of energy- use your focused intent to will yourself not to engage in this pointless use of energy.
- When you feel overwhelmed and you have no self-control – bring yourself to one moment at a time- you only have this one moment – feeling overwhelmed is the illusion that everything is happening at once.
Enjoy this practice,
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades and has coached and trained many clients during this time. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor, Reiki Practitioner and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Reboot 28 day program, 10 Day Body Reset Detox, 30 Days to a New You, Holistic Weight Management System and many more on-line programs. To find out more about these life changing programs check out the testimonials and information at www.moveyourbody.ca
Tanya has created FREE Healthy Living Challenges that you can sign up for HERE, because even though we know all this “healthy stuff” it’s good to be reminded to keep it in our awareness. Tanya created the Busy Mama Healthy Mama Facebook page so that like-minded mama’s could get great healthy information and recipes in a fun and light-hearted way.
Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending, the 21 Laws of Irrefutable Fat Loss, How to Get Rid of Cellulite and more. Her blog, www.tanyamorrison.ca has lots of great articles to help you navigate your way to the healthy life you want, tons of recipes and great tips!
Tanya presents High Performance Nutrition for Kids and Teens, How to Become an Efficient Fat Burner, hosts Raw Smoothie Parties and many more presentations. Please contact her to set up your presentation.
Lifestyle Coaching Available
Are you in need of a Lifestyle Adjustment? Stumped about what to eat, how to move and what to think? Keep sabotaging yourself? Can’t lose weight? Exhausted?
How to get started
I don’t know where to start…I’m overwhelmed
Let’s chat. Click here to send me an email. Let me know your goal(s). I’ll email you back to arrange a time for your 30 minute complimentary discovery call. Coaching can be done via email, phone, skype or in person.
I’m ready to start and I’d like online coaching help
You are ready for guidance on how to choose your thoughts, move your body & balance your nutrition to give you the energy and waistline that you want and MORE. Learn more by clicking here. These programs are available on-line to anyone with internet access around the globe.
10 Day Body Reset Detox
I’m ready to start and I’d like to see you in person
Let’s arrange a time to meet. We can set up an introductory complimentary 30 minute consultation. During our time together, based upon your needs, a plan will be prepared especially for you. I look forward to hearing from you when you click here
Living Libations essential oils – Their 7 Chakra Essences are bundled for you!!! Every blend is a liquid jewel for harmonizing each chakra. Each combination offers a gift to expand your harmony, and glow. Anoint your pulse points for meditation and to harmonize your energy centers, auric field and cruise your cerebrospinal muse.