TOP 10 REASONS TO ADD JUICING AND SMOOTHIES TO YOUR DAY!
- Increases the greens in your diet, this will provide you with more chlorophyll, plant-based protein and Vitamin C – all of which are beneficial for healing and building your immunity
- Increases the raw food consumption into your diet which improves health, boosts immune power, improves mental clarity and slows aging.
- Provides your body with much needed live enzymes.
- Easier to consume than copious amounts of solid vegetables and fruits which will ensure that you are meeting your required amounts and make up for the intake that may have lacked in the past.
- Green juices provide the body with an abundance of antioxidants which will fortify your immune system and stop your bodies rusting from the inside out.
- Balances your pH level which will keep you in optimal health
- Gives your digestive system a break (easy to assimilate and eliminate!)
- The magnesium and chlorophyll provided in the drinks soothes and calms the nervous system and minimizes stress in the body.
- It’s fun, inexpensive, and it’s for the whole family!
- Forms a great habit of eating greens which after a few weeks, most people start to crave.
Here are a few juicing recipes to get you going. Don’t get stuck on recipes – explore your options with fruits and vegetables that are in season, organic and local. When you start juicing you may find that you need to add more fruit but as you progress, start cutting the fruit down thereby reducing the sugar content. Fruit juices are also great energy builders and are wonderful to get you going in the morning! Don’t limit juicing for breakfast, whenever you need a lift or a refreshing drink, or perhaps a light snack, choose a great recipe and juice away!
Each recipe makes 1 serving
2 Apples, quartered (can leave pits etc in) 4 stalks Celery
½ Lemon, peeled
¼ – ½ Cucumber 4 stalks Celery
4 Kale leaves with stalk 1-2 Apples, quartered (can leave pits etc in)
¼” pc of fresh Ginger ½ Lemon
¼ head of Cabbage 8 stalks Celery
1-3 Apples ¼ c Parsley
Tropical Paradise kids love this one!
½ Pineapple, peeled, no need to core 1 peeled Orange
6 stalks of Celery 4 leaves of Kale
Gorgeous and Green
5 leaves of Kale ¼ cup Parsley
½ Cucumber 3 stalks of Celery
1 peeled Lemon
Keep the Doctor Away
1-2 Apples, quartered (can leave pits etc in) 4 stalks Celery
1” pc of fresh Ginger 1 Lemon, peeled
Fast and easy meals for when you are at home or on the go (Mason Jars are great travel containers!!) Change up your greens so that you keep the fresh taste and your taste buds wondering! Again, use the recipes, but then create your own.
Need to up the Greens in your Smoothies – Battle of the Greens
Let me know what your favourite recipe is!! I’d love to hear your juicing creation…..
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Detox which is a 12 week program that runs in January, April and September of each year. To find out more about this life changing program check out the testimonials and information at www.busymamadetox.com
Want more great smoothie recipes…Check out Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing and Blending