Why consume Coconut Oil and MCT Oil?
This is an except for the Busy Mama Program regarding the importance of adding these two great oils into your diet to help you get smarter, lose fat and so much more….
Coconut Oil is a healthy fat that:
- Is a highly efficient fuel that helps your body burn fat and create instant energy
- Can raise your HDL (good cholesterol)
- Help to protect you against heart disease
- Will boost your immune system
- It’s a natural antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory, making it very effective at combating yeast and parasites4
- Is ideal for dry, rough and wrinkled skin because it contains MCFA’s (medium chained fatty acids) and is easily absorbed by the skin
- It prevents stretch marks and lightens existing ones
- Its antiseptic elements keep the skin young, healthy and free from infections
- It’s also an excellent lip balm5 (I keep it in my bathroom, kitchen and a little jar in my purse)
- Consuming coconut oil regularly restores thyroid function, often relieves hypothyroidism and actually increases the metabolic rate, leading to weight loss5
What is MCTs and the Benefits
According to The Bulletproof Diet blog, MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides), which are largely missing from typical diets, are saturated fats easier to digest than the more common LCTs (long-chain triglycerides). Your body sends them straight to your liver, where they raise your metabolism and are burned as fuel instead of being stored as fat.
These fatty acids show potential in maintaining healthy weight and diminishing fat storage, in 26 studies referenced here. Medium chain fats help you feel full more than long-chain fatty acids you’d find in vegetable oils. You will find trace amounts of MCTs in butter, but the richest source is coconut, and to a lesser extent, palm kernel oil.
According to rebootedbody.com, MCT oil is a concentrated form of coconut oil. The extremely healthy saturated fat in coconut is comprised of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT). And MCT oil is a concentrated form of that fat. However, according to healthimpactnews.com, MCT oil has had the amazing fat – lauric acid removed and the author states that eating coconut oil is better…if you are confused, don’t be. Balance it out. I cook with coconut oil and use it on my hair, skin and teeth. I drink MCT oil and use it for my teeth. Play around and find out what works for you.
- It’s a boost for your metabolism. MCTs increase the body’s ability to burn more energy by increasing thermogenesis.
- It’s a kick-start to awesome weight loss. MCTs may help reduce the size of fat cells, leading to weight loss.
- It’s a constant, steady energy. MCTs provide rapid-fire energy, directly to the places that need it most, burns clean and constant without the energy lulls.
- Its rocket fuel for your brain. MCTs quickly raise ketone levels to provide your brain with an alternative fuel that won’t die out.
Have 1-2 tbsp of organic, unrefined coconut oil and/or MCT oil every day. You can put it in your smoothie, take it by the tbsp., enjoy a blended tea/coffee/latte or be creative!
What more MCT or coconut in your life….check out these great recipes….
Enjoy this wonderful Raw Coconut Curry Sauce with Steamed Veggies, Homemade Granola , French Toast Goodness, Chocolate Avocado Freeze Bites, Twice Baked Potato, Peanut Butter Cookies, Fall Veggies with Coconut Curry Sauce
I bought Leanne Vogel’s e-book The Keto Beginning: Complete Guide +30-day Meal Plan…which has 17 chapters, 147 pages + over 70 high-fat, low-carb, moderate-protein, dairy-, gluten-, sugar-, grain-, legume-free recipes. It’s the rocket fuel for achieving flawless health and effortless weight loss through sound nutrition practices and vibrant food preparation in ways you’ve never seen before.
It has further expanded my knowledge about nutrition and it is definitely worth the read. You can pick up a copy here
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness field for over two decades & has coached and trained many clients during this time. She is an ACE certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of Busy Mama Programs such as the Busy Mama Reboot, How to Become an Efficient Fat Burner, Busy Mama Detox & more. As a Juice Plus+ mum of 2 healthy kids, she is passionate about teaching others the POWER of whole food nutrition in the role of disease prevention. To find out more about these life changing programs check out the testimonials and information at www.busymamadetox.com. Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending.
The Busy Mama Detox Programs